Regulation Of Studies
At the beginning of each semester, winter or spring, each undergraduate who has not exceeded the maximum duration of studies indicates courses so that, overall, the current academic year, their number does not exceed fourteen (14). For the course registration, the following rules are in valid:
- The course registration is equivalent to registration in the Department. Failure to submit a course registration for two consecutive semesters conducts to the deletion of the Department. Those who do not wish to declare classes or have achieved in all subjects and have left only their thesis and / or practise, they must submit an empty course registration.
- Undergraduates may not register in a course, the monitoring of which requires knowledge of prerequisites previous semesters, as explicitly stated in the course description in the current curriculum, but the student has successfully completed all prerequisite courses.
- All required courses must precede to the course registration of the electives courses.
- Courses must be registered from the smallest semester to the largest.
- Undergraduate of the 2nd semester who has failed in eight (08) or more courses cannot be registered in the courses of the 3rd and 4th Semester.
- Undergraduate of the 4th semester who has failed in twelve (12) or more courses cannot be registered in the courses of the 5th and 6th Semetser.
- Undergraduate of the 6th semester who has failed in fourteen (14) or more courses cannot be registered in the courses of the 7th and 8th Semetser.
- The elective courses are in the recommended semester. Each undergraduate, on his/her own responsibility, can submit elective courses of smaller or larger semester (fall or spring) in the same period.
- Applications for theses preparation must be submitted only in March and October, while applications for theses presentation must be submitted during the three (03) following weeks of the end of each exam period, and theses are presented during the third week.
Undergraduate performance in each course is rated in the scale "zero"- "ten" (0 - 10) with a minimum degree of success five (05) and maximum degree ten (10) and submitted to the Secretariat of the Department from the Professor.
Undergraduates who owns a Bachelor deggree in English language level B2 or upper are excempted from the English terminology courses on the presentation of the relevant title.
For the calculation of the Diploma degree, each course is multiplied with weight factor its teaching credits and the sum of the individual products is divided by the sum of the coefficients of all weight classes. Thesis is counted as a factor weighing 12.
Specifically, we have that:
Grade of diploma= Sum(Cource Grade * Cource Teaching Credits) / Sum(Cource Teaching Credits)
Undergraduate performance, depending on the final extent that they obtain, rates as:
1. In case of cheating, either in final examination or in midterm exam, or in deliverables / tasks, the teacher in charge of the respective course is able to report the incident in writing to the Secretary of the Department, enclosing the petition and the relevant evidence.Before reporting, teacher must be totally sure beyond reasonable doubt for the cheating and he must have done every effort to substantiate it.
2. The report is then forwarded to the committee responsible, which is determined by the Department Assembly . The Committee examines the report, the provided evidence, while calls in audience all the involved. If the committee, considering the report, the evidence elements and the audience, is convinced for the cheating, prepares a relevant suggestion and brings the issue for discussion and decision to the Assembly.
3. The Department Assembly makes the final decision on a penalty imposition or not, the type of which is determined below, in Chapter Penalty Graduation . General Assembly reserves the right to invite the people involved in audience. The involved are informed for the ινσερτιον of the issue in the General Assembly.
The penalties for cheating have an administrative type, that means there is a delay in entry points for the period of the penalty. For reasons of substantive justice, hte alleged cheater retains the right to participate in the course examination, if it meets the conditions described in the current regulation of the Department, but also the rules of each course.
In case that the initial penallty decision appeals in the relevant upper institutions of the University,the decision of the competent institutions of the University is valid.
The Secretariat of the Department is responsible for the maintaining of the file and the application of penalties.
1. In case of first cheating:Zero in the specific course and delay in the cource grade registration, for period of 1 year, e.g, cheating was found in September Examination,so next posiible registration of the course grade is September of the next academic year. If cheating was found and penalty imposed during winter semester, then next possibility of course grade registration will be January of next academic year.
2. In case of second cheating:: As in case 1 above for the specific course that cheating committed, and also delay in grade registration for all for all courses of the semester following the exam period during which the offense of cheating committed. If cheating committed in intermediate examination or in deliverable homework during the semester and the decision for the penalty was taken during the same semester, then penalty applies for the cources of the current semester at the moment that cheating committed.
3. In case of third cheating:: As in case 2 above for the specific course that cheating committed and also annual delay in grade registration for all courses of the two(2) semestes following the exam period during which the offense of cheating committed. If cheating committed in intermediate examination or in deliverable homework during the semester and the decision for the penalty was taken during the same semester, then penalty applies for the cources of the current semester at the moment that cheating committed as well as for those of next semester. In addition, the undergraduate is referred to the Council, with the query of deletion.